To learn more about getting involved in OF, check out the community mailing list. The community list is ideal for learning about ways to participate, hearing about upcoming events like workshops and conferences, and sharing projects.
To get more in-depth information about OF, join the of-dev list! The dev list is a great place for discussion about the direction OF is heading. The list is open to everyone, and we like to foster a diverse crowd to help OF become as useful and interesting as possible!
Want to get involved right away? The OF community is always looking for developers, designers, writers, event organizers, and general enthusiasts to help build a better experience. If you're wondering where to look, dive into the collaborations section on the forum, or take a look at the existing tutorials.
openFrameworks is actively developed by Zach Lieberman, Theodore Watson, and Arturo Castro ("the core"), with help from the OF community. openFrameworks is indebted to two significant precursors: the Processing development environment, created by Casey Reas, Ben Fry and the Processing community; and the ACU Toolkit, a privately distributed C++ library developed by Ben Fry and others in the MIT Media Lab's Aesthetics and Computation Group. A number of community leaders maintain responsibility for subsections of openFrameworks on a rotating basis, currently:
- 3D leader: Elliot Woods (elliotwoods)
- Addons leader(s): James George (obviousjim) and Greg Borenstein (atduskgreg)
- Community manager: Kyle McDonald (kylemcdonald)
- Documentation leader: Dayan Moisa (justdayan)
- Forum leader: Jason Van Cleave (jvcleave)
- GitHub leader: Christoph Buchner (bilderbuchi)
- Hardware leader: Josh Noble (joshua noble)
- Internals/app leader: Philip Whitfield (underdoeg)
- iOS leader: Lukasz Karluk (julapy)
- Outreach leader: Caitlin Morris (c_tl_n)
- Sound leader: Damian Stewart (damian)
- Tutorial leader(s): Diederick Huijbers (roxlu) and Jeff Crouse (jefftimesten)
- Typography leader: Christopher Baker (bakercp)
- Video leader: James George (obviousjim)
- Windows leader: Matthew Gingold (gameoverhack)
- Steve Varga (vargatron) as typography leader